MAT 112/114 Proficiency Test
This test is designed to provide students an opportunity to demonstrate prerequisite skill proficiencies needed to enter MAT 112 (Algebra with Applications) or MAT 114 (College Algebra). You will need to correctly answer 14 of the 25 questions on the test to demonstrate the prerequisite skills needed to enter MAT 112 or MAT 114.
- You take this test only if your major requires MAT 112 or MAT 114 and you wish to be exempted the support course.
- In order to register for MAT 112 or MAT 114, you must have earned ONE of the following:
- A "C" or higher in MAT 110 or
- A MATH ACT score of 22 or
- A KYOTE College Algebra score of 14+ or
- A passing score on the MAT 112/114 Prerequisite Skills Test
- Calculators are permitted but not supplied for the MAT 112/114 Prerequisite Skills Tests.
- You will have a maximum of TWO attempts at the MAT 112/114 placement test.
- You MUST bring a picture I.D. to be admitted into the test room.