Eastern Kentucky University offers secure, affordable proctoring options to current online and bricks-and-mortar students, as well as incoming first-year students, adult learners, and transfer students. We are also able to serve the proctoring needs of individuals from the EKU service region, as time, space, and staffing permit.
The EKU Academic Testing lab has 15-30 computers available for test taking, depending on the exam being proctored. All computers are located in a calm, well-lighted space with a live proctor always on site. For additional security, our live proctors are *always* supported by camera-based monitoring.
Eastern Kentucky University offers the following proctoring options for enrolled students:
- Free proctoring of initial EKU placement tests needed by incoming freshmen and transfer students, for purposes of course placement
- Free proctoring of initial EKU placement tests needed by international students, for purposes of course placement
- Free midterm and finals proctoring for students registered with the EKU Center for Student Accessibility (aka Disabilities)
EKU Academic Testing provides exam-proctoring services, based on staff availability, on the Richmond campus to:
- Current EKU students enrolled in correspondence courses at other institutions.
- Local students enrolled in homeschooling programs.
- Students enrolled at other educational institutions who need proctoring services.
FEES: Proctoring fee is $30.00 per two-hour block
Appointment Times: On-campus proctoring is available by appointment only and is based on staff availability and length of exam.
ID Requirements: A current and valid state or government-issued photo identification is required (e.g., driver's license or passport). Examinee will not be permitted to test without an ID.
Please contact your home institution to designate EKU as your proctoring site. Once your institution has approved and confirmed EKU as the proctoring site, please contact the Office of Academic Testing (859) 622-1281 to set up a testing appointment. Your college may send the exam(s) directly to us via e-mail, fax, or postal mail. Exam packets sent postal mail should include an addressed stamped envelope for the return of the exam. The exam packet should also include instructions for the proctor and any forms to be completed and returned to the institution.
Eastern Kentucky University
Office of Academic Testing
521 Lancaster Avenue
Whitlock CPO 64
Richmond, KY 40475
Reviewed & updated by Kathy Williams, Academic Testing, on 7-February-2017