FAA/(PSI-CATS) Testing (Federal Aviation Administration)
Academic Testing provides FAA computer-based Airman Knowledge Tests for Eastern Kentucky University aviation majors and the Commonwealth of Kentucky. EKU is one of 7 sites in the state that has been certified by the federal government to administer FAA exams. Tests are provided through PSI-CATS. Instant end-of-exam results are available to examinees via a printable score report. Academic Testing staff *cannot* provide duplicates of the score report.
- Obtain an authorization to test if applicable.
- Schedule a test date by visiting the Office of Academic Testing in the Whitlock Building, Room 340 or by calling (859) 622-1281.
- Call the PSI-CATS registration center to confirm that you've signed up for the test at EKU: 1-844-704-1487.
PSI-CATS hours of operation are listed below. Please note: Pacific Standard Time is usually 3 hours *behind* Kentucky time:
Monday-Friday 5:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. PST
Saturday & Sunday 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. PST
- Testing Fee: $150. Non-EKU students will be required to provide personal credit card information when registering. The $150 examination fee also applies to re-tests.
2017 Test Dates (by appointment only)
|Tuesday, August 8||1:00 p.m.||Whitlock 340 (enter 347)|
|Tuesday, August 29||1:00 p.m.||Whitlock 340 (enter 347)|
|Wednesday, September 20||1:00 p.m.||Whitlock 340 (enter 347)|
|Thursday, October 19||1:00 p.m.||Whitlock 340 (enter 347)|
|Tuesday, November 7||1:00 p.m.||Whitlock 340 (enter 347)|
|Thursday, November 30||1:00 p.m.||Whitlock 340 (enter 347)|
|Wednesday, December 6||1:00 p.m.||Whitlock 340 (enter 347)|
On Test Day:
- Present current identification that includes photo, signature, date of birth, and physical/residential address. Acceptable forms of I.D. for U.S. citizens: driver's license, government I.D. card, and/or military I.D. card, passport, OR alien residence card. Please note: If passport does not include residential address, examinee must submit an additional document which shows residential address, such as utility bill, lease agreement, etc. Acceptable forms of I.D. for non U.S. citizens: Must include a passport AND one or more of the following: driver's license issued by a state or U.S. territory, OR identification card issued by any government entity and printed in English.
- Present flight instructor/ground instructor authorization to test, if applicable.
- Present failed or expired knowledge exam report with instructor signature that verifies the student is ready to retest, if applicable.
- Personal possessions are not allowed in the Testing Center (no cell phones, writing instruments, or any type of device with text or video recording capabilities).
- Bring only FAA authorized test materials, which includes calculators (with no stored memory), rulers, straight edges, scales, conversion tables, navigation computers (E6B or electronic version without stored memory), Nav Log sheets, protractors, or plotters.
Testing Center Location
Charles Douglas Whitlock Building
Room 340; Enter through room 347
Last updated 7/21/17 SP